crispy-bacon is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Weird subform behaviour

As the title suggests it is a strange error that I am getting and may be difficult to explain clearly but here goes nothing.

I have an unbound form with 8 subforms, all of the subforms "Record Source" properties are set to various queries. The problem is that when I open the form in Form view initally all of the subforms (which aren't all visible at the same time but if made visible with the appropriate actions) are blank. Things get weird when I switch to design view, then back to form view the data that was supposed to be in the sub forms appears as it should.

I have subform#.Requery lines and I've been trying to figure out what is wrong with no luck

Also this might help, if I try to change a property of any of the subforms say the BackColor of the Detail section I get an error "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist"

Thanks!

Windows XP Access 2003
    Okay one more thing I forgot to mention that I've discovered may have soemthing to do with the behaviour.

So I open my application to a switch board type form, click a button and it brings me to the form described above (this is what I meant by initially open the form), error occurs. Otherwise it's okay.

Sorry if this is confusing

SteveH2508 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I suspect that your problem might be due to the unbound main form. Access loads sub-forms first and is expecting a Master Field-Child Field link to the main form. If your main form is unbound then it cannot reconcile that link.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Thanks for the response Steve, is there a way to switch the order that ms access loads the forms (I assume no) or I'm thinking since after I go to design view back to form view it works, is there a way to "Re-Load" the subforms after the main form is loaded?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.