italianfinancier is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

SO CLOSE...PLEASE HELP! Report Asks for Customer Number For EVERY SubReport

Good morning everyone...I am just about done with a large project for someone of my limited skillset with Access. The last thing I have to figure out is how to stop Access from prompting a user for a customer number for each subreport (i.e. parameter). It also asks me to enter my textbox "Text4" into the parameter, which should be coming from the Form.

I have it set up that the user enters a customer number on a form and clicks a button. When that button is clicked, it begins to generate the report, but prompts the user for the customer number for each and every subreport on my report.

How do I get it so that these parameters are automatically supplied/assumed to/by Access based on the customer number the user entered into the form?

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Is the form open? It needs to be. If it is, then something is wrong in the reference to it, like a misspelling. For the customer number, if the subreports are supposed to get the value from the form, there is likely a reference to customer # that's spelled wrong. Can you post the db?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

italianfinancier is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Unfortunately I can't post it, as it exceeds the size limit. In what fields (Report, Query, Form and Tables) does "Customer" need to match? Do I need to name my text box on the form "Customer"?

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    If you open the query/queries the report is based on, do you get any prompts? If not, the problem is in the report somewhere. The form has to be open when the report opens, but the name of the textbox is really irrelevant. You just have to be consistent in using whatever its name is whenever you try to refer to it. Fields are the same way. If a field in the query is named "CustomerNumber" and on the report you use "Customer Number" you're going to get a parameter prompt. It could be the control source of a textbox, or it could be in Sorting and Grouping.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by italianfinancier View Post
    Unfortunately I can't post it, as it exceeds the size limit. In what fields (Report, Query, Form and Tables) does "Customer" need to match? Do I need to name my text box on the form "Customer"?
    You might try a Compact and Repair before zipping the db. It may then be < the 2MB limit.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.