sabina is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

InfoPath Access Sharepoint

Hello! Please I need help.
    I have my database in Access 2007, my forms are in InfoPath (based on my database)and I need to post those forms to SharePoint. My problem is that the users (who will fill in the form) dont have InfoPath, the only solution is to create a browser-compliance form in InfoPath, but I cant do it with Access database. It works only with SQL server database. Is there any easy way to convert Access database to SQL server format (I am not a programmer)? Or may be there are some other solutions I can use to post my forms online (preferably to SharePOint) and use Access database.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    The primary path to a web enabled Access form is via Sharepoint. Generally I would recommend you use Access2010 as the most sharepoint & web enabled version of Access. Purchase a textbook, and go thru the section on webforms. For many smaller organizations, for which running sharepoint is too big of a burden, you would want to look into the commercial hosting service www.AccessHosting.com

There is no explicit demand to go to sqlserver per se to create an Access webform via Sharepoint hosting. Although buried inside sharepoint hosting is sqlserver - but it is not something you explicitly touch or develop.

You state that you are not a programmer, so it isn't clear if this is outside your scope. Most that are at this forum are doing Access development.

Hope this helps.

sabina is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

InfoPath

Hi.
    I am going to use InfoPath because I don't have Access 2010
    Thank you for you response!

Quote Originally Posted by NTC View Post
    The primary path to a web enabled Access form is via Sharepoint. Generally I would recommend you use Access2010 as the most sharepoint & web enabled version of Access. Purchase a textbook, and go thru the section on webforms. For many smaller organizations, for which running sharepoint is too big of a burden, you would want to look into the commercial hosting service www.AccessHosting.com

There is no explicit demand to go to sqlserver per se to create an Access webform via Sharepoint hosting. Although buried inside sharepoint hosting is sqlserver - but it is not something you explicitly touch or develop.

You state that you are not a programmer, so it isn't clear if this is outside your scope. Most that are at this forum are doing Access development.

Hope this helps.

vt800c is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Sabina, you are not alone. Did you arrive at a solution? I'm amost down to having to redo all the forms in InfoPath.

It's not the data issue..I got that. SharePoint can see Access tables. But I have all the input forms in Access, and I DON'T want to rewrite them in HTML. It's just forms and controls!..there HAS to be a way to convert them!
    Last edited by vt800c; 05-25-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: edit typos

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.