Lorlai is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Arrow Access VBA to SharePoint

Hello,

I would like to pull data from my access database and put this into a SharePoint list. I am trying to make this as automated a process as possible, and would like to bystep the sharepoint wizard in access. I haven't been able to find anything about this online; is this possible to do?

Thanks for your help!

Lorelai

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    given that Access is inherently 'event driven' it seems like an unusual need. If I understand you correctly - you don't want the user to publish to Sharepoint list.

Obviously if you are linked to the sharepoint list as your BE then there is no need to publish.

I suppose there must be vba that will trigger that ribbon command to publish to sharepoint - one would have to dig around.....

Thank you for responding; your questions helped me rethink exactly what I want to occur. I have decided to simply link the list to my access database; this way all the changes will be instant (that event driven comment really helped with this!)

Thank you again!
    Lorelai

cnstarz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorlai View Post
    Thank you for responding; your questions helped me rethink exactly what I want to occur. I have decided to simply link the list to my access database; this way all the changes will be instant (that event driven comment really helped with this!)

Thank you again!
    Lorelai
    would you mind explaining how to do this? i'm not familiar with sharepoint, so if there's a way to create a sharepoint list and link it to an access query so that the sharepoint list updates dynamically, that would be absolutely perfect for me.

Hi cnstarz,

I just saw your response; sorry for the delay! What I have ended up doing is creating a link to the sharepoint site from the access table (select the table, then in the external data ribbon, in the import side, select the sharepoint list. Follow the wizard for linking the table to your sharepoint site). Once this link is established, you can create append queries to populate your sharepoint list. There is a neat bit of code that will refresh the link to the site, which can be found here. You can put this in a macro so everything will work together.

Sorry for the delay, and hope this helps!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.