TEE is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

General question about access

I have been using symantec's qa4 for DOS for almost 2 decades now, mostly i use it to generate reports and I am very happy with it. However, there are certain things, like creating invoices in the format I want that I can't do. I was thinking of using access but, I Dont see how i can create a data base where each individual transaction is a separate form on it's own page and not just a line. I tried to read books like Access for dummies and also online help and I can't find anything. Anyone that used QA4 will understand what I mean. If there is a way of doing it please either help me with the format or direct me where I can get help.

thank you

tee

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    If by transaction you mean one record per page of an Access report, sure, do it all the time. Can do it by sizing the report sections so only one record will fit or installing a page break code.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

evander is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2003
    Yes, you can generate an invoice report, with each invoice number starting a new page. That will depend on how you created your tables, but at least you should have a primary key ID or an invoice number.

In a report, you can turn on the "Grouping" option, and choose the invoice number as your grouping field. Then, you can place a page break control, as suggested by June7, right below your line item fields.

If it's your first time to design reports in Access, you'll probably find it tricky. I managed to learn designing Access reports by repetition.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.