Hello all, I am new and figured I would toss my problem out and see what kind of response I get and to see if others are doing something similar.

We have a data base for collecting all the specs on a product we build. I have developed an automated system for collecting this data using an Allen Bradley PLC and Panel View User interface.

The operator enters a serial number, connects the product to the tester and hits a start button. The system takes 4 measurements on the product and sends the results to the data base.

This part of the system works fine and the db pulls the info through a serial interface with no problem.

My problem is, now they want me to verify the results are within tolerance specs. I added a small table with each model number and and min and max specs for the 4 readings we gather. Along with the 4 readings gathered, I also send the model number into a field of the main db.

Here is what I am having trouble with. I want to take the Model from the main db and query the small table matching the model number to pull the spec into visual basic variables to compare to the results from the system.

This will allow me to flag a part out of spec and notify the operator.

Thanks for the time and answers.
Let me know if I am not clear about my question.

Mike