ittechguy is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013

How to go to record in bound form

I have a specific example here but I have 3 other forms that could benefit from figuring this out.

I've got a form here which I used to make changes to information associated with Equipment. Such as building/room/cabinet and logical information such as hostname, IP address, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	changeequipment.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	22736

The physical location and the physical equipment information text boxes are locked text boxes, used to display information. If I click on a record in a subform, it will open up this form and go to the correct record and thus, display the correct information. I.E., if the subform is displaying all information for EquipmentPK 1, that record will open up in this popup form.

I'm trying to create a way to go to a record on this form without having to exit out of the form and click on a different record in the subform. I would prefer if I had unbound combo boxes possibly in the header of this form. How exactly is that done?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Thanks for the link.

I had thought I might need to create a search form. I have reviewed that previously, and I have several search forms in my database.

I hadn't thought much to use Form.Filter here because I wasn't sure how to handle if the filtered form shows more than 1 results.

June7 is online now VIP
    What's wrong with more than 1 result?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    More I think about it, I guess nothing.

If you notice the form I posted above, record selectors are hidden I might unhide them if that makes more sense. However being a form which is bound to a rather large query, there are numerous records. I just want the correct equipment to be displayed. Thanks for the help.

June7 is online now VIP
    Record selector really means nothing on this form. Unhide the record navigation bar if you want users to be aware that multiple records met the criteria.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    A search form did the trick. Thanks for the help!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.