Form Input Problem

Hi Everyone,

I'm New to MS Access and just learning it on my own. If someone please assist me.

Here's the thing.

I'm trying to create a form for products of different companies.

It should have up to three products input per company (each with corresponding export percentage).

What I did is Use the form wizard and then edit the result in design view to just copy the text box of Products and Export Precentage three times (3X). And rename it to Product 1, Product 2, Product 3.

We'll what happen is that what I enter on the first box also appears on the second and third. (Pretty dumb )

Can someone help me out?

Thanks alot!

Alvin

Go back to your original table and go into it through design view.

Next add fields for all 3 products (ie Product1, Product2, Product3) and then do the same fo the export percentage and then close the Table

Go to you form and open in design view, either double click or right cick on the "Product1" white text box and change the control source so that it shows the field name you have used in the table for Product1.

Repeat the above on the the form for Product2 and Product3 as well as the Export Percentage.

I always found it easier when I first started (and still do now) to create the Table and then use the form wizard to creat the Form.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN
    Next add fields for all 3 products (ie Product1, Product2, Product3) and then do the same fo the export percentage and then close the Table
    With respect, I strongly recommend that you not do this. That is bad design practice.

Instead, use a separate, related table to store the product data for each company, and s subform to show them.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.