Adam is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

Access add-ins

Hey up everyone,

First time poster here, and only recently back into Access/VB to help out my uncle in law with a little project -- it's been about 4/5 years, and I'm now a web developer so this is fairly unknown territory.

Basically he was paying someone to help him set-up a database for his business that makes use of VB-based (I believe) add-ins, to perform fairly simple functionality like creating a new client, new invoice, etc. Just basically managing the tables behind it.

Unfortunately this developer he hired has become awfully difficult to get hold of, and so the project is at a halt. He's asked if I can help him just get the last few issues sorted so he can use it properly. I only have the source data base (with .mdb extension) and another (again with .mdb extension) which contains the add-ins, a little splash screen and such - I'm guessing the kind of programmed part of it.

The add-ins however I'm not particularly familiar with. Is it possible to open up the add-ins (without having the source files) for edit, or to at least extract the source code behind them? Obviously with the original developer going AWOL it's a bit of an awkward situation, and I'm a little confused at the moment, any help would be gratefully appreciated! I'm sure once I can get the source code of them and know how to make changes / test I'll be on my way no problem...

Thanks

Adam

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    maybe try to see if the add in files are in the dirs?? go to the access options and get into the add-ins tab. try searching that list and see what the addresses are of these things??

that might be where I would start.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.