we are using access 2002 sp3, on windows xp pro pc's, and have files stored on the network, on a server that has windows 2003 standard edition. when i open access on one of the workstations, then click on a file to open (located over the network on the server) , which works fine, but its the buttons inside the file leading to their respective forms that gives me the error message. one for example is named "clients" which is supposed to link to a spreadsheet which has all of the clients on it. instead i get the following error message...
microsoft access "the expression on click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error. object or class does not support the set of events"
* the experssion may not result in the name of a macro. the name of a user-defined function, or [event procedure].
* there may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro.
i know nothing about access, excel or scripts, so im completely in the dark on this one. any help where to start would be greatly appreciated. fyi, it works fine on the old pc's in the office, using the same ver of access, but on the new ones its coming up. (we're converting all old pc's on the network to new ones, same os, and office suites installed on each one).