Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Report in Grid.

Hi,

I'm using Access 2010.

I have a report that my user wants to see in a grid. If possible, he needs the outside box & the vertical report-section [Eg: Name | Address | Email | . . .] lines to be Bold.

I am currently trying to do this with line objects but, if you've tried this yourself, you will know that it is not easy to get individual vertical line objects to join up to make a nice, seamless box with seamless vertical column lines.

I need to be able join the vertical lines between the Header section, the Detail section & the Footer section so they come out looking like one clean vertical line. Is there a little trick to this that I'm not aware of? Or are my vertical lines destined to come out as vertical dashes??

Any ideas?

One thing I HAVE tried is to export the Query on which the report is based to html. The html file exported from the query comes out with all the data in a grid [in Internet Explorer]. Only problem is that my first column [Eg: City] is Grouped in my report so I only get each City Name printing out once & then all the Names etc for the City . . .. In the query - every row has the City Name.

I'm open to workarounds. I've done this kind of thing in Crystal Reports and it was easier. It surprises me that it isn't easy in Access. Everything else in Access is as easy as it can get - IMO.

Thanks!!

Robin

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    Do you know about <cntl> UpArrow/DnArrow/RtArrow/LtArrow special keys?? These key combinations "nudge" the object. So you can drag the vertical line (or any control) close, then "nudge" it into position.

Another thought.... each control (text box) can have a border around it. Set the border for each of the controls and connect the edges. Make the detail section as tight to the boxes as possible...

I have made a grid.... it did take a long while, but using the <cntl> arrows, I was able to have connected lines.

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Thanks!

Thanks ssanfu!
    I WAS able to get my report done.
    It DID take a long time but I was able to get all the vertical lines to join.
    The text boxes would work if I could bold one side of the box [Crystal Reports allows that]. I needed the vertical lines between the vertical sections of the report to be bolded.
    It turned out to be less of a nightmare than I expected once I resigned myself to getting it done!!
    I output it to PDF - worked perfectly - no nonsense.
    Word will not display the line objects - at least not that I know how . . .
    Thanks again!!
    Robin

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.