kmiszczak is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

need a If /then statement

Just a beginner here so be gentle I have created .mdb to track inventory. Where I am having an issue is duplicate records. I want to be able to re-add a record without deleting the old record however I do not want duplicate records so I am looking to create a if/then statement or a After event that will let me add a new record. So if the inventory has been received I would like that record to be considered as complete so that if I need to order more the form will not see it as a duplicate (i.e. part # 12345 has a demand of 500pcs we received 500 pcs now need more) How would I go about creating a scenario that would allow for the addition of the same part once it has met the criteria of being received?

KathyL is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiszczak View Post
    Just a beginner here so be gentle I have created .mdb to track inventory. Where I am having an issue is duplicate records. I want to be able to re-add a record without deleting the old record however I do not want duplicate records so I am looking to create a if/then statement or a After event that will let me add a new record. So if the inventory has been received I would like that record to be considered as complete so that if I need to order more the form will not see it as a duplicate (i.e. part # 12345 has a demand of 500pcs we received 500 pcs now need more) How would I go about creating a scenario that would allow for the addition of the same part once it has met the criteria of being received?
    Set up an index or primary key on the table, and set it to no duplicates.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.