Dreams2Fly is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Unhappy Clear selections from a List Box?

I've searched the archives all night and not had any luck finding what I'm looking for. So, here we go:

I have a small form with two fields, both unbound, and a button. The first field is a list box fed by a query on one of my tables. The second is a text box to enter numerical data. The expected behavior would be for the user to select one or more items from the list box, enter a value in the text box and hit enter. Whereupon, the VB code will go through the selections and update several associated fields for each row in my table identified by they list box selections. This part works nicely so far.

However, once the updates are done, I need the form to clear out so new data can be entered/selected without accidentally changing something due to old selections. I set VB to change the text box to null, but how do I clear the selections in the list box? I've tried requery (on both the field and the form) as well as undo but the selections are still highlighted/selected in the list box. I've also tried setting the list box to null then doing a requery and still the old selection(s) remain highlighted/selected.

I'm sure I'm missing something amazingly simple and would sure appreciate some help in identifying it.

10 Gauge is offline Getting the hang of it...
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Have you tried doing a control specific requery (opposed to a complete form requery) after you set the list box to null? Not sure if it will work, just thought I'd throw that out there to try.

Dreams2Fly is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I did try the requery on the control. It didn't help.

I think I found a rather inelegant way to clear it right after I post (of course)... I created a for-next loop that goes through all of the possible entries on the list and any that are selected TRUE, I have VB set to FALSE. Surely there's a better way than this?

If not, I'll make a function for future use, but it just seems odd that there's no way to more simply clear out the selections.

10 Gauge is offline Getting the hang of it...
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I was going to say that I have a query driven list box on one of my forms that clears just fine with a control requery.... But I just remembered it's a combo box, not a list box.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.