caseym is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Question Removing Gaps from Report

Hi I've been working on a database for the company I work for. It's a specifications database for the designers to use for the products they specify for a design project. I currently have the database set up as one big table containing everything, with seperate forms that have the neccessary fields for a particular object (i.e. Carpet, Furniture, accessories etc, this form is also linked to a query to only show the specs in that form that match the product type)

Now for the Reports I have two types of reports. Both Reports show one record per page. One report generates reports for all records. The other one is linked to a query to only show the records the user wants to print.

My problem is that I am ending up with these weird blank gaps in both of the reports, as shown in the image:

In the master table, not all records use all the fields in the table. I have put in a code thats supposed to hide the label for a blank field, and I have the can shrink proerty set to yes:
    Sample: =IIf(IsNull([Model #]),"","Model #:")

So now I can't figure out why these gaps are coming up, but Im assuming it has something to do with the blank fields.

Can anyone pretty please help me out?

Thanks.

Dee300 is offline Advanced Intermediate
    Windows XP Access 2007
    CaseyM,

I had this problem and the only way I was able to remove the gaps is to leave absolutely no space between the fields - decrease vertical spacing until you can decrease no more. Also, make sure the can shrink is set to yes in the Detail Section, not just the fields and labels, if you have not already done so.

Hope this helps.

caseym is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Thanks Dee!!

That worked perfectly... I had just barely a hairline space between the fields because that was the closest I could get it manually. I discovered the decrease vertical spacing button and that fixed it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.