ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Database in unrecognized format - 2010 to 2007

Do any of you guys know why this happens? I still have no answer to it. I can't narrow down the cause of it.

For instance, I have 2 machines, one with 10 and one with 07 on it. I can create an accdb in 2007, open it ONCE in 10, then try opening it in 07 again, and it's immediately corrupt.

Does anyone here have this nailed down yet? My suspicion is that it's related to the new system tables, but I can't get further than that. I know it's not the system log table, because that's not created until an application error actually occurs in a file. Just opening a file would not create an error.

Help, anyone? Thanks!

KathyL is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ajetrumpet View Post
    Do any of you guys know why this happens? I still have no answer to it. I can't narrow down the cause of it.

For instance, I have 2 machines, one with 10 and one with 07 on it. I can create an accdb in 2007, open it ONCE in 10, then try opening it in 07 again, and it's immediately corrupt.

Does anyone here have this nailed down yet? My suspicion is that it's related to the new system tables, but I can't get further than that. I know it's not the system log table, because that's not created until an application error actually occurs in a file. Just opening a file would not create an error.

Help, anyone? Thanks!
    I don't know your answer... but I'm curious, do you think 2010 is solid enough yet?
    And what PC hardware configuration do you use to run 2007 comfortably?

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyL View Post
    I don't know your answer... but I'm curious, do you think 2010 is solid enough yet?
    of course not. MS can't be trusted. If you're in business, you should know that by now.

MS's products aren't even close to stable until at least 2-3 years after their so-called "releases". That's a rule. Just like when the news sheds light on suspicious government programs, right? When the stories are officially confirmed by governments, the programs are either defunct, no longer have to be secret, or are irrelevant. But everytime that happens, the programs were at least 10 years old before the public was notified. Just another rule to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by KathyL View Post
    And what PC hardware configuration do you use to run 2007 comfortably?
    I have no idea what you mean, Kathy. I have all different combinations of OS and hardware pieces. Why do you ask? Access is never comfortable with me. I'm not really a fan of it, simply because it's not built to handle large apps and complex situations. No fun!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.