cinciphantom is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Exclamation Running subroutines and form commands in another database

Hi,

I have multiple access databases with which I control different sharepoint sites. I also create tables (I would say reports but they are really access tables) with the sharepoint data and then those tables are fed to excel files that I then post to the sharepoint.

I have to update these excel files on a daily basis so Im trying to automate at least part of this process. I am having trouble figuring out how to:

1. Run a subroutine in another database?

2. Run a cmdButton_Click event on a form in that other database? So it would be like if I went into that other database and clicked the button I alraedy created on the form.

3. Open and close the excel file so the data is refreshed? The excel file is set to refresh data sources when opened. If this is possible, would having the database open interfere with the data refresh? How do I get around that? I know the open database interferes when I manually open the excel file. THe only thing I can think of is that running this refresh from my "master database" would work since the the databases the refresh is happening from would not be open.

4. Is it possible to pass a variable from my "master database", to one of the ones I wish to control?

Thanks alot for any help with ANY of these steps!

KathyL is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cinciphantom View Post
    Hi,

I have multiple access databases with which I control different sharepoint sites. I also create tables (I would say reports but they are really access tables) with the sharepoint data and then those tables are fed to excel files that I then post to the sharepoint.

I have to update these excel files on a daily basis so Im trying to automate at least part of this process. I am having trouble figuring out how to:

1. Run a subroutine in another database?

Thanks alot for any help with ANY of these steps!
    By subroutine, it could be a query. Yes, you can link tables between two databases, and the query in the 2nd database would update data in the first database.

"4. Is it possible to pass a variable from my "master database", to one of the ones I wish to control?"

Why pass it? Just put the variable as data in a control record in database #1, and link that table in database #2, and the data will be there to use/view.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.