allykid is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Help on an event...

Ok... I have a listbox that is based off of two combo boxes... Once you choose a selection in cbo1 it gives new choices in cbo2. Once you make a selection in cbo2 it populates lbo1. However, when I change cbo1 to a new selection the lbo1 doesn't blank out. It keeps the existing data until I make another change to cbo2. Any help to have the lbo1 blank out until I make the final choice?

161 is offline L33t N00b
    Windows 2K Access 2003
    In new entries? Try setting the default values in those boxes to null/blank if they are not already. Then check out the Refresh command (Me.Refresh) You can set up a refresh event on tab or something, so it refreshes often.

I would be interested to see how it is set up, as I am working with a similar problem and I want to cut down on the size of my combo box.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 161 View Post
    In new entries? Try setting the default values in those boxes to null/blank if they are not already. Then check out the Refresh command (Me.Refresh) You can set up a refresh event on tab or something, so it refreshes often.

I would be interested to see how it is set up, as I am working with a similar problem and I want to cut down on the size of my combo box.
    Setting the default doesn't work... So cbo1 is setup with a query. The cbo2 is setup with a query based on the ID of cbo1. The lbo1 is setup with a query based on criteria that references cbo1 and cbo2.

cbo1 After Update:
    Me.cbo2 = Null
    Me.cbo2.Requery

In cbo2 After Update:
    Me.lbo1 = Null
    Me.lbo1.Requery

lbo1 doesn't go back to being blank...

161 is offline L33t N00b
    Windows 2K Access 2003
    The idea may be redundant, but I was thinking you want to refresh/requery the lbo rather than the cbo(s).

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 161 View Post
    The idea may be redundant, but I was thinking you want to refresh/requery the lbo rather than the cbo(s).
    Thanks for the suggestion but that wouldn't revert the lbo1 back to a blank once I change the cbo1.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.