I am submitting to this forum as I did not receive a response when I posted to programming last week. Perhaps I did not explain the situation very well. The data in the field I need to base the conditional formatting on is limited to certain criteria. I tried to add the field again in the query, but then the report does not display correctly.

The report is based on a union query that displays a CaseID for each question with differing criteria. Now they want the CaseID in each question to display differently if it meets another criteria of the field F22. A portion of the query code follows. F22 is a date field. I had to add some "fake" dates to code other responses that were added. The CaseID for F22 is listed if =1/1/7777. Now, if F22 is a real date (not 1/1/7777, not 1/1/9999 and not null) they want that CaseID in every question to be highlighted (e.g., background color, font color). However, CaseID with a real date is not part of the recordset. Any suggestions on how this can be accomplished? OR if it is even possible? Thanks much!

. . .
SELECT [qYr3ReviewSample].CNTYNAME, "F21" as Question, [F21MAmatchHH] as Answer, [ID] as CaseID
FROM [qYr3ReviewSample]
WHERE [qYr3ReviewSample].F21MAmatchHH=2
UNION ALL
SELECT [qYr3ReviewSample].CNTYNAME, "F22" as Question, [F22] as Answer, [ID] as CaseID
FROM [qYr3ReviewSample]

WHERE [qYr3ReviewSample].F22=#1/1/7777#
UNION ALL