gregh is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Anyone fancy a challenge????!!!!!!

I am looking for some help designing a database from scratch. To let you know i have very little knowledge of Access so this might be easy to you but not to me lol basically i am trying to design a program that will help me find out what tooling i need to use for certain tyre moulds. Depending on the Press Type and Mould Type, I need to use certain tooling. I have managed to do it by filtering but I would prefer to have a database where i just have to enter the Press Type and Mould Type and it automatically tells me what tooling i need. There are 4 Press Types - API 151, API 161, MIX 260 & MIX 280E and 5 Mould Types - MAP 260, MAP 280, ASM 260, ASM 280 AND API 310. If you think you can help me then please reply and I can give you more details.

Thanks

Greg

P5C768 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Pbaldy has a great website that goes over something that you could use. It's in the thread below where he answered a similar question for me.

https://www.accessforums.net/access/...tbox-4593.html

The basic idea is usually summarized using the Country, State, City example. Set your data up accordingly.

Code:
    United States Colorado Denver
    United States Colorado Colorado Springs
    United States Florida Jacksonville
    Once the table is ready, you can create a form with cascading combo boxes that use the afterupdate event of the combo box to cascade with each selection. Using the Country, State, City example, you would have a combo box whose recordsource is the Country field of your table. When a country is selected, the State combo box cascades on the value of the Country and so on.

You can get a little more advanced by setting a default value and making the items refresh when a change occurs, but that is the basic idea. Let me know if that helps.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.