nashr1928 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003

control source

I have put a new field on one of my forms but can not get the correct column to show when selecting the correct control source for that field. I have created the column in the table and in the query but still will not show. Im stumped. Im using access 2003.

blueraincoat is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    If you want to show the related information by selecting , you can add a comboBox in the form and set the comboBox to the column in the table that you want. The record source of the form should the be the table.
    Follow the comboBox wizard it should be easy.(By the way you should select the last option in the first step)

mlawson6128 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2002
    The easisest way would be to create a new form using the wizard (call it temp). Select only the new colum from the table that you are having problems with. Once the form is created, edit the form and then just copy and paste that field into your target form.

Windows XP Access 2003

fields

Um, well the form I have is the input of a PO# for that record and will only reflect that record. I have a column on the table called PO and the purpose is to store that PO# on the table. The problem is to associate that field labled PO, to the table. When I try to select that column in the field properties, it doesnt show up as a selection.

Windows XP Access 2003

Control Source Cont

I fllowed your suggestion and created a new test form using the form wizard and typed in the data to the text field and works perfect. I then copied the new text field and paisted it in place of the old one on the old form and it now has an error on the field saying its the wrong control source. I looked at the field and its correct. I attached 2 screen shots.

Windows XP Access 2003

Control Source Cont

I fixed the problem. There was something wrong with the original form. I deleted the form in question and imported the same form from a back up copy of the DB. It now works fine. I have no idea what was wrong with that form. Corrupted somehow.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.