This newbie needs help. I have an Access DB that tracks hospital patients by a unique number (MRN). After I have entered this number in the DB I enter various other patient data. The DB has 30 data fields, one of which is the MRN. The MRN field is a number field set for ”Yes (No duplicates)”.

What I would like to do is enter a known MRN (returning patient) into our data entry Form and then after the MRN is entered have the db automatically load the fields of my Form if this is a returning patient or allow the operator to continue completing the form if this is a new patient. I am not sure what code to put in the event line or if I should create a query to do the job. If I create a query then how do I incorporate it into the data entry form.

I have created a query that I can get to return all of the data but I am not sure how to put it in the form such that I can either edit the data or enter a new set of data. I have 2 fields in the query using [tblContact *] and [MRN] with “[Forms]![Contact]![MRN]” as my criteria. When I add this query to the Form I get my table which has the info but I would like to get the Form with the data associated with the MRN. How do I do this?

Thanx in advance.