Just recently, the accounting database I gave to my client displays an error message that says:

Code:
The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

Detailed information:
1. The database is a Microsoft Access 2003 file.
2. The database is split.
3. The database uses user-level security.
4. The database back-end's size is 254MB.
5. The database back-end resides in a "server" computer.
6. Copies of the database front-end are locally stored in the end-user computers.
7. The form gets its data from a query, which in turn gets its data from a table.
8. Only one client computer was using the database when the error occurred.
9. The user getting the error message is only allowed READ and INSERT permissions on the tables related to the parent form and child form.
10. The child form's displayed data was replaced by #Error texts.
11. When the user scrolled forward, then scrolled back to the record of the parent form, the records in the parent form and the child form were saved successfully. The child form's data then appeared normal, no longer as #Error texts.
12. The child form is linked to another table. The user encode the primary key of that source table into the child form as a foreign key, then all "lookups" are displayed.
13. The error message appeared when the user attempted to move to the new row below the current record.
14. The error message appears at least once a day when all the users open the database at the same time.

This is my first time to encounter this error. There are no Edit permissions in the table. So as far as I know, given my user-level security settings, no two users can alter the same row of data at the same time. Or maybe my assumption is wrong. Maybe Access does not allow concurrency at a table level or something?

Hoping for a reply. Thanks.