jonesy29847 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Tabbed forms

I have a data base with several forms that I have designed, I want to convert the to tabbed forms, and I am having a great deal of difficulty.

The forms use different tables, sometimes I want information from one table displayed on one or two forms but not all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Windows XP Access 2007
    When I try that method I lose the inputs to my query, and thus my report. I need to pass values to the queries, and I don't understand how to make that happen.

I tried using TempVars, but no luck yet.

Windows XP Access 2007
    OK, I am working this through, not completely solved, but I am getting there, thanks for help.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I am getting values from TempVars, but the interesting thing is the Query fails when I qualify the the date, even when hard coded. The SQL is below.

Code:
    SELECT Task.Holiday, PrimaryCustomer.Approver, BillingInfo.DTSaturday, BillingInfo.OTAfter50Hrs, BillingInfo.OTAfter40Hrs, Task.JobNo, Task.Task, Task.TaskDate, Task.Description, Task.Start, Task.Stop, Task.Lunch, Format(Abs([Start]-[Stop])*24,"0.0") AS Expr1, Task.ContractorEmployee, Task.Travel, [Contractor/Employee].EmpName, Round(IIf([Lunch],0.0208333*24,0),1) AS TimeForLunch, ([Stop]-[Start]-[TimeForLunch]) AS [Time], Round(Abs(([Start]-[Stop])*24)-[TimeForLunch],1) AS Billable, ([STRate]) AS ST, ([OTRate]) AS OT, ([DTRate]) AS DT, PrimaryCustomer.CustName, PrimaryCustomer.StreetAddress, PrimaryCustomer.City, PrimaryCustomer.StateProvince, PrimaryCustomer.ZipPostalCode, PrimaryCustomer.PONumber, PrimaryCustomer.CustJobNumber, SecondaryCustomer.CustName, SecondaryCustomer.CustJobNumber, PrimaryCustomer.Terms
    FROM [Contractor/Employee] INNER JOIN ((((Task INNER JOIN BillingInfo ON Task.JobNo = BillingInfo.JobNo) INNER JOIN PrimaryCustomer ON BillingInfo.JobNo = PrimaryCustomer.JobNo) INNER JOIN SecondaryCustomer ON PrimaryCustomer.JobNo = SecondaryCustomer.JobNo) INNER JOIN EndCustomer ON SecondaryCustomer.JobNo = EndCustomer.JobNo) ON [Contractor/Employee].ID = Task.ContractorEmployee
    WHERE (((Task.JobNo)=[Tempvars]![queryJobNo]) 

AND ((Task.TaskDate) Between #2/7/2011# And #2/8/2011#) AND ((Task.ContractorEmployee)=[TempVars]![queryEmpNo]));

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    When I try that method I lose the inputs to my query, and thus my report. I need to pass values to the queries, and I don't understand how to make that happen.

I tried using TempVars, but no luck yet.
    Does this help you?

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...earchform.html

Alan

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.