cassidym is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

Hide Duplicates

Building a report in Access 07 and I don't want duplicates in the first column. So I click on the data item in design view but that highlights both the data item and the label at the top of the report. I open the Property Sheet and select YES by Hide Duplicates but, when I open the report, the duplicates are not hidden.

Is there someway to isolate the data item and not highlight the lable and actually hide the duplicates?

Thanks

LillMcGill is offline Dagny fan
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Click the textbox and then click the Remove button on the Ribbon to remove the layout. I'm using version 2010, and I am sure this button was moved, so I can't tell you exactly where it is in 2007. I think you had to be in Layout View.

If this doesn't work, click the textbox again and look for a tiny icon that looks like a square with a plus sign in it, near the label. Click this icon and then click the Remove button.

cassidym is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Tried this and couldn't get it to work. When you say 'layout', are you referring to Layout View. I learned Access on 03 and am finding 07 to be maddening.

In 03, to prevent duplicates in a report, you simply clicked on the text box, opened the properties window and selected 'yes' by Hide Duplicates. Consequently, in a column in a report, data would not repeat. But, in 07, I click the text box and open the property window, select yes by Hide Duplicates and nothing happens. The data in the column repeats. Grrrr

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.