Randy is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2002

Front End Update Problem

I've written a program for my drivers (courier company) to keep track of their deliveries. I split the database into the typical front end and back end.

Originally I built an installation program using Office XP Developer (Access 2002) and installed it on several programs. When I make changes to the front end I create an installation program using Inno 5 and upload it to the Internet. The courier drivers download and install the update and all is fine, most of the time.

Today I made some changes to the front end and uploaded it for download and it worked fine on all machines (some xp and some win7) except for one Windows 7 machine. The download worked fine and the installation went smooth. When I click on the file to run the program none of the changes to the front end were there. But if I renamed the front end file with a different name it would show all of the new changes. Rename it back to the original name... no changes were available.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Thanks,
    Randy

pkstormy is offline Access/SQL Server Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I usually don't create an installation program for an MSAccess db. I'll compile the mdb to an mde and then just copy the frontend mde file to the db folder other users all go to to get into the db.

Or I'll use winzip to create an executable to install (copy) the files to a folder.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 02-12-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Randy is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2002
    Actually, I even copied to a flash drive and simply copied it the folder. As long as I left the original file name it wouldn't show the changes. I tried deleting, renaming and everything I could think of to move a file into the program folder and it wouldn't show the changes unless I renamed the file...

I have never seen anything like this. When you copy a file into a folder that contains a file by the same name it overwrites the file and the changes are available to the user, except in this case.

Thank you for the reply... If I ever figure this out I will post here.

Randy

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.