NISMOJim is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003

Digital signature

I just converted a database from 2003 to 2007 and got my first look at the 2007 format. When I opened the db I get a security warning saying certain content has been disabled. I clicked the options button which said the potentially harmful content is VBA Macro. I was able to enable it for this session only, but I would like for it to run right whenever anyone opens it.
    I read that the macro must have a digital signature, and followed the path to select one, but there were no certificates to select. I'm sure I probably wouldn't want to enable all macros, but none of the other paths lead me to anything useful.
    How can I get by this, and will I need to do it for every db I create or convert from here on out?

Thank you for your help.

NoellaG is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Hi,

there is a much easier solution: if you open the trust center in the options window, click Trust center Settings. In this window click Trusted Locations, and add the location where your databases are to the trusted location. All databases that are put in this folder will open without security block or message.

succes
    NG

HiTechCoach is offline MS MVP - Access Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Quote Originally Posted by NISMOJim View Post
    I just converted a database from 2003 to 2007 and got my first look at the 2007 format. When I opened the db I get a security warning saying certain content has been disabled. I clicked the options button which said the potentially harmful content is VBA Macro. I was able to enable it for this session only, but I would like for it to run right whenever anyone opens it.
    I read that the macro must have a digital signature, and followed the path to select one, but there were no certificates to select. I'm sure I probably wouldn't want to enable all macros, but none of the other paths lead me to anything useful.
    How can I get by this, and will I need to do it for every db I create or convert from here on out?

Thank you for your help.
    In Access 2007 and 2010 macros are always trusted. It is VBA code that is not trusted.

If you were to use only macros then you would not have any security warnings. The macros in 2007 and 2010 are a lot more powerful so this becomes a little more practical.

For any database that has VBA code you will need to follow NG's recommendation and create a trusted location for each folder where you will place a database. If you use sub folder all under the same parent folder for all your database then you can trust the parent folder and all the sub folder with one entry.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.