vdanelia is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Resizing Main Form When Sub-form is Hidden: How To?

Hello friends, I have a question about resizing the main window...
    I have a form with controls : Text-Boxes, Combo-Boxes, Labels. Also I have a Sub-Form (Below of these controls) Which I'm showing and hiding with Check Box. As a matter of fact I'm not using the form always, but i need it...

When I hide a sub-form I want that the window minimized to near the other controls, because when hiding the Sub-form there is empty space below... and form looks ugly....
    Thank you in Advanced

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    this, I think, is incredibly tricky, as the reason why is because (I don't think) you can change form window properties like this without the form being in design view. And it's completely impractical to change from view to view when someone is using the system JUST to resize a window.

bad news I know....but you're asking something that's rarely done, IMO. how about subbing in some text or something when the sub is not there? how about another form? a picture? there's plenty of other things you can do to hide the fact that there is unused space on a form...

for instance, you know those web forms in HTML that show "required" in faded grey letters in a form field? the code events in html do that, initially. in access, I do it by layering textboxes on top of each other and changing .visible based on the lostfocus and gotfocus event.

things like that are manipulations that readily available in access. You just have to use imagination.

vdanelia is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I Solved it

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.