colinw is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Report Prints Blank Unless All Form Fields Are Completed

Not 100% sure is the is a form or a report question.

I have an Access database containing multiple tables. The database was created using Access 2010 but is saved as an .mdb.

One table is called customerInfo and has name, address,etc.
    Another table is called 'questions' and has a list of questions I want to ask each customer.
    The answer options for each question in the questions table are pulled from several other tables.

I created a form that has customers fill in values that are written to the customerInfo table and then answer questions. Each question answer table is linked to the customerInfo table. As questions are answered, linked entries are made in each table. Once completed the customer clicks a button on the form that prints their information on a sheet of perforated paper.

Everything works great (the report prints as desired) as long as the customer answers each question in the form. If they don't answer each question the form prints with no data, not even what was provided.

When the customer does not answer a question that populates a linked table with data it causes the query used to create the report to return no data. This almost makes sense to me since there are no entries in the supporting "question answer" tables. But why I get NOTHING back is eluding me.

I have tried making the fields required and I have tried setting default values but neither get the form to populate with data.

Can someone give me a suggestion on how to get the form to print whatever is provided regardless of how much is provided?

Thanks.

Colin

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    The report doesn't appear to have a valid source, or I just got a bad download. From the sound of it, I suspect its source query looks like:

SELECT...
    FROM OneTable INNER JOIN AnotherTable

You can edit that join in design view by right clicking on the join line, or change it in SQL view to

FROM OneTable LEFT JOIN AnotherTable

presuming "OneTable" is the main table containing all the customers.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

colinw is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    The report doesn't appear to have a valid source, or I just got a bad download. From the sound of it, I suspect its source query looks like:

SELECT...
    FROM OneTable INNER JOIN AnotherTable

You can edit that join in design view by right clicking on the join line, or change it in SQL view to

FROM OneTable LEFT JOIN AnotherTable

presuming "OneTable" is the main table containing all the customers.
    I re-zipped it and am posting the database again. In the meantime I am exploring your suggestion.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.