Access security issues

I have a problem with the Microsoft Access 2003. I have two computer here, one is a Laptop, and the other is desktop, both are using Windows XP-pro OS and both have Microsoft office 2003. Let's say I have a access file called Northwind.mdb, I right click on the file and choose the properties command, In LAPTOP case, it will show u 3 TABs command, which are General, security and Summary. But if in DESKTOP case, it will only show 2 TABs command, which are General and summary.

Now the issue is why is it on LAPTOP eventhough it is the same OS and software, we can see the security menu and can configure who are allowed to access this particular database, but on DESKTOP we cannot set the security access level. For the security menu is gone.

Btw, on DESKTOP i have already log in as admin, and yet how come the security menu is not there as in LAPTOP there is security menu if you right on the access file and click on the properties.

I found this issue, when i try to use a WebService to access the database. Somehow i need to set this particular Access database full access, if not my program can only read but unable to write into the database.

Can anyone out there be kindly share his/her knowledge on how to configure the security access level for Access file on DESKTOP computer.

go to folder options - view tab - under advanced settings untick 'use simple file sharing' ad apply the settings. now you will get 3 tabs when you go to properties of the access fie. there you can set the permissions.

Thanks... I am going to try that when I go into weork next.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.