JeremyAshton is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Linking with auto dialer

I am building a database and would like to know how to link it with my telephone dialing software. I have figured out how to run the function i want with windows autodialer, but i would like to use my own software.

My first attempt was to insert a button that opened the software. i think this will work, but what i need to know how to do is make access insert the telephone number from a record automatically after clicking the button.

Is it possible to have access open "phonesoftware.exe" then insert a selection of text (the phone number)?

I'm far from computer illiterate but access is a bit new to me. Thanks for your help guys!

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    I doubt it, but I may be wrong. I used this feature many years ago. are you using the COM port? HAVE you seen this article??

JeremyAshton is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Thanks for the quick reply. I think that's a little more advanced than what I'm looking to do. I guess the long and short of what i need is a button that will:

1 to open a program (I've figured this bit out)
    2 to insert text automatically

so basically what would happen is that when a button is clicked, my VOIP program opens / comes to the front and the selected number is inserted. From there the user hits the call button and the call is made.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    you will most likely need a vba library or dll that works with your voice over IP software.

check and see if there is one to be found on google. Or, look in the vba refs of the vbe, but I doubt you would find it there. Or, you can also try browsing to the dll or executable of that software and checking it and see what happens.

I think the tricky part, if not all of it, will be to get the text from the VOIP to Access.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.