KrenzyRyan is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Run-Time Error 3044 - Invalid Path?

I am getting run-time error '3044' '\\phoenix\shared\reviews.mdb' is not a valid path.

Under the debugger, here is the highlighted text, I don't understand, because there is no path in this field...:

DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE Tbl_ReviewRecord INNER JOIN Tbl_MasterReviewRecord ON (Tbl_ReviewRecord.Interval = Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Interval) AND (Tbl_ReviewRecord.Year = Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Year) AND (Tbl_ReviewRecord.EID = Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.EID) " & _

" SET Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.TL_EID = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![TL_EID], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.OM_EID = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![OM_EID], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Prod_Speed = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Prod_Speed], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Quality = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Quality], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Safety = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Safety], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Innovation = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Innovation], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Commitment = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Commitment], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Conduct = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Conduct], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Attendance = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Attendance], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Teamwork = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Teamwork], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Dept_Comments = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Dept_Comments]," & _

" Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Above_Comments = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Above_Comments], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Below_Comments = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Below_Comments], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Gen_Comments = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Gen_Comments], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Cell = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Cell], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.JobCd = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![JobCd], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.JobDesc = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![JobDesc], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Badge = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Badge], Tbl_MasterReviewRecord.Writeup = [Tbl_ReviewRecord]![Writeup]" & _

" WHERE (((Tbl_ReviewRecord.Year)=[Forms]![Frm_Admin]![cmboBxYear]) AND ((Tbl_ReviewRecord.Interval)=[Forms]![Frm_Admin]![CmboBxInterval]) AND ((Tbl_ReviewRecord.TL_EID)=DLookUp('[TL_EID]','Tbl_TL','[TL] = ''' & [Forms]![frm_Admin]![CmboBxTL] & '''')));"
    Last edited by KrenzyRyan; 01-18-2011 at 07:39 PM.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    There is a limit to the number of characters that can be in that string. about 2K I think. I would still start by *importing* your db into a fresh new db: http://www.btabdevelopment.com/ts/impnew and see if the problem follows.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks. Different error message, but same line of code. Here is the message:

3078 error
    cannot find the input table or query 'Tbl_MasterReviewRecord'

We started having this problem after a recent server change, I updated all the paths to the correct location, I am just not sure why this is the only error I receive, nor do I understand why it is this line of code.

Is the Tbl_MasterReviewRecord table internal to this db or linked? Can you open it directly?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Just found out what was wrong, one of the tables was hidden that had to be changed, you can delete now!

Thanks everyone, you guys are all great.

Excellent! Are you ready to use the Thread Tools and mark this thread as Solved?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Done! .

Thanks. That helps others that cruise this forum.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Its the least I can do for all the help you guys give me!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.