adidashawn6 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Autofill Textbox Data In Form will not Save Data To Table

Hello - I am currently building an "Agent Journal" Database. This will be an area where supervisors can enter "Journal Entries" for their direct reports. The way it is currently setup is: The Supervisor form pops up. Supervisor selects their name from a dropdown, and select a command button. This opens another form with another dropdown that lists only the selected supervisors direct reports. Once the "direct report" name is selected, they will hit another command button that opens the "Journal Entry Form" On this form, there are text boxes for Supervisor and Agent. These fields are auto-populated based on the names selected on the previous 2 forms. There is also a combo box where they can select a "reason" from a dropdown menu, and a date picker so they can enter the date. The problem that i am having is: The data entered into the final form will not save to a table. I want to maintain the auto-populating of the Supervisor and Agent names when this form opens, and i want to have them select a command button to save all of the data on this form to a table. Can anyone help me with this????

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    well the generic issue of data not saving generally involves 'dirty' - which is to say that the record on the form is in write mode ( a little pencil icon off to left side...) and then the form gets closed before the record is tabbed thru or saved and so it doesn't write. the write can be forced with a me.dirty=false at a tactical point.

but I don't fully follow if in your explanation as to whether your issue might involve instead the combobox selection - not really clear on this.

but you can easily test the dirty issue just by being sure you tab thru the full record or press the save icon before closing the form.

now - a totally different second issue is that the data is writing - but not appearing when you go to relook at the data via the form because your cross referencing key fields aren't correctly being entered. you can verify this by inspecting the tables directly.

hope this helps.

Windows XP Access 2000
    The issue does seem to be tied to the combo box. If i were to change this to where it does not "auto-populate" the Coach and Agent information, and the information is manually entered, it will save the data to the table. Hope that makes sense.

Windows XP Access 2000
    So, the data is now saving to the table like i want it to. The problem that i am running into now is that when i open the form to create a new entry, the form still has all of the data from the previos entry. Is there a way to clear the data from the form after it saves to the table???

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    in the form property; there is a property 'Data Entry' - default is no; change to yes.

Happy 2011

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.