mattyn1 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Access 2000 Form Help Please

Morning...I am no database expert, but am building one for work, to track the employee details.I have an Employee Table (TblEmployee) with fields:employeeID (Autonumber)Title (Lookup from TblTitle)Name (Text)Line Manager (lookup from TblLineMan)email (text)phone(text)the Line Manager table (TblLineMan) looks like this:LinManID (Autonumber)Title (lookup from TblTitle)Name (Text)email (text)Phone (text)I want to create a big main form that is easy to use where I can enter details about each employee, and include a sub form (from the Line Manager table) where I can allocate, view and in future change the Line manager details. The sub form needs to pull all the details of the line manager listed above (except LinManID) pertaining to that employee, and this is the bit I am having snags with. I have the employee form, I cannot add the Line manager details.Obviously, a line manager can have many employees, an employee can only have one line manager.I am having a brain block in how to do this. Please help........Many thanks in advance.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyn1 View Post
    Morning...I am no database expert, but am building one for work, to track the employee details. I have an Employee Table (TblEmployee) with fields:employeeID (Autonumber)Title (Lookup from TblTitle)Name (Text)Line Manager (lookup from TblLineMan)email (text)phone(text)the Line Manager table (TblLineMan) looks like this:LinManID (Autonumber)Title (lookup from TblTitle)Name (Text)email (text)Phone (text)I want to create a big main form that is easy to use where I can enter details about each employee, and include a sub form (from the Line Manager table) where I can allocate, view and in future change the Line manager details. The sub form needs to pull all the details of the line manager listed above (except LinManID) pertaining to that employee, and this is the bit I am having snags with. I have the employee form, I cannot add the Line manager details. Obviously, a line manager can have many employees, an employee can only have one line manager.I am having a brain block in how to do this. Please help........Many thanks in advance.
    Quoted and formatted .....

Windows XP Access 2003
    Apologies for the poor formatitng - I am having real IT snags today!!

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyn1 View Post
    Morning...I am no database expert, but am building one for work, to track the employee details. I have an Employee Table (TblEmployee) with fields:

employeeID (Autonumber).
    Title (Lookup from TblTitle).
    Name (Text).
    Line Manager (lookup from TblLineMan).
    email (text).
    phone(text).

the Line Manager table (TblLineMan) looks like this:

LinManID (Autonumber).
    Title (lookup from TblTitle).
    Name (Text)email (text).
    Phone (text).

I want to create a big main form that is easy to use where I can enter details about each employee, and include a sub form (from the Line Manager table) where I can allocate, view and in future change the Line manager details.
    The sub form needs to pull all the details of the line manager listed above (except LinManID) pertaining to that employee, and this is the bit I am having snags with. I have the employee form, I cannot add the Line manager details. Obviously, a line manager can have many employees, an employee can only have one line manager.I am having a brain block in how to do this.

Please help........Many thanks in advance.
    Properly quoted and formatted now........

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.