con calma is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Unhappy Problems with Order form input box searching table and displaying to text box in form

I have created an Order form in Access 2010 for an assignment with unbound textboxes. I need to have an input box to put a number in; which searches the table and puts the corresponding number in the text box on the form; also, the second textbox will be generated with the name from the table that goes with the chosen number. I have been working at this for days. I'm having trouble with the Source Code in the Expression Builder and how to code for the Input Box. I am confused as to what to do next. I know how to code for an Input Box, but how to get it to search and display to a text box from the table, and then how to get the name that goes along with the number from the table is another problem. I tried a Combo Box, but couldn't get it to work.

Right now I have as a Control Source an Input Box that asks for a number, then puts it in the text box. I did have just the text box, that when I key in a number, the corresponding recipe name from the table changes to that name, but it quit after the 6th time and would "ding" each time I hit enter to click it. Do I need an enter button also?

con calma
    Last edited by con calma; 11-05-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Updated information

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    invest in an Access textbook, easily found at Amazon or any big book store.

use a bound form that is bound to a table/query - which is the normal approach.

either click thru records using the embedded navigation buttons - or - set up a combobox in the header of the form in order to select a record....the wizard will assist in set up.

but get & read that book.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.