cnstarz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Creating a report to print only a few labels at a time

i have a form and i want to add a button to print a label for that specific record. the thing is, we're using Avery 5161 labels (2 across, 10 down) and we dont print full sheets at a time; there will be times where we print off only 1 or two labels at a time. so, we would have to tell access where exactly on the sheet to start printing the labels. anyone know how to go about doing this?

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    I know exactly what you are saying, have had this issue before, and do not know of any answer that would not be crazy complicated to design. Would be a great feature for Microsoft to embed into the product itself.

What I have done is let it make a full doc filling in all labels - on screen - move it to Word (or begin with Word via the WordMerge feature)....and then manually blank out labels. The manual blank out isn't as bad as it sounds because if you tab from one to the other one can hit the 'backspace' key and it takes out these entire label content in one stroke.....but it is manual in the end. Or, as one client decided, wasted labels is the price of doing business.....

what some have found is that these partially used label pages become the cause for major headache printer jams when one of the labels peels off and gets caught in the works....so they've stopped attempting to be overly frugal.....so proceed with caution.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.