numberguy is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Sendkeys replacement

I am new to this forum and I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered. I am trying to find an alternative to the sendkeys macro command. I am using this command to invoke the tab key (sendkeys {tab}) to move focus to the next object in a form. The template I developed worked fine in Access 2003 and 2007, but when I started using Access 2010, this command turns off the numeric locks (on a periodic basis). In reading results of Google searches, it is recommended to avoid the sendkeys command since it has known issues, but I have not found a good alternative. I use this macro in several places in several forms, so I prefer to continue to use a macro or VBA code I can refer to in the form instead of using another command that would be control specific such as the GoToControl command. Thanks for the help.

slave138 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Doesn't TAB move focus to the next object in the tab order by default? Is there a specific reason you are using sendkeys to replace the default functionality?

slave138 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Nevermind, I misunderstood what you were doing. You want to replicate a TAB without actually pressing the key, right?

numberguy is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    You are correct. I have the next object get focus, run a procdure and shift focus to the next object without user action.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.