Privelages

I just upgraded to 2007 from 2003. I am attempting to use the package wizard to create an install cd for my database. First off, the database was split before the upgrade, and I did convert the FRONT END to an accdb, but the BACK END is still listed as an mdb. Everything went smooth, clear through deployment, except that when I try to open the deployed file, it says I do not have privelages to access the BACK END file. The back end file is on the server, with full permissions to all users. I read that user level security is not used in 2007, but was set up on my databse in 2003 file format. I did include the /wrkgrp switch. I am not getting far enough in on any of the workstations to get any dialog, just the error message that pops up. This database is being packaged with the runtime files. No other workstation is running this database through a full version of Access. The exact error message states

"You do not have the necessary permissions to use the "\\Saturn\users\et
    cetera\db1_backend.mdb" object. Have your system administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you."

I just tried converting the back end to an accdb also in an attempt to sans
    user level security alltogether. Both the front end and the back end have
    been converted to the 2k7 format, but it still asks for a login when I start
    the database. I cannot find any code referencing the old file. When I package the database and deploy it to another PC in my office, I still get an error message referencing the back_end.MDB file, not the converted back_end.accdb file. I did update the references with the linked table manager, so I'm at a loss at this point.

I joined the system.mdw that came with my version. I got the same error on my computer that I am getting on the others when trying to open up the database. I joined back to the "security.mdw" file I was before, but still get the same error message about permissions. I am the only person here that is writing on this, so I don't get what's going on.

Thanks in advance, Matt

apr pillai is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    If you have the Backups (FE & BE) of 2003 version databases then restore them. When you convert the files to 2007 the User-level security settings are removed.

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You cannot use User Level Security with an ACCDB file. This includes having the backend secured with it. You must completely clear out the security from the backend file in order to use it with the ACCDB file.

You can remove ULS by using the instructions here:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...005188240.aspx

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.