QuietPenguin is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

QuantityAllocated expression can't be replicated?

I am in the process of trying to reverse engineer an online example database and work it into my own database.

During this process I have come across the following expression in a query to calculate a field:

QtyAlloc: QuantityAllocated([Popn],[PRunTOT],[Sopn],[ARunTOT])

In the example database this works perfectly, but when I try to run it in my own db I get the following error:

'Undefined function 'QuantityAllocated' in expression.

I have all the field names correct, and the exact same syntax as the example database. Does anyone know why am I getting this error? A google search for "QuantityAllocated function ms access" has yielded nothing, and has me believing that this is no longer an accepted function? In that case why does the old database still work perfectly in my version of access (Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 for reference).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Your old database has the function. Your new one does not. You likely won't find any web reference to it because it's proprietary (it's a user defined function, or UDF).
    Open your old db where this works and ctl+G to open your vb editor and ctl+F and search for the name. Make sure you select to search the whole project. You'll either need to copy the function or import the whole module, depending on what you need. Take note of what kind of module it is in - form, report, class or standard and post back if you need help after you find it.

EDIT
    I guess I could also point out that you may have copied over the function but its name is now misspelled, or you have it in your new db but its scope is such that it isn't visible to your query.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

QuietPenguin is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You're a genius! I was able to find the code in the vb editor exactly as you described.

Thanks so much for the help! As you can likely tell I'm newish to Access, and while I roughly know my way around, I don't know any VBA and have not explored that side of access at all yet.

Thanks again!

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.