hxs1893 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit

Textbox data deleting when clicking on subform

Hi I am new to access, and have been assigned to fix an issue with the access form from work

I can't share details but the big issue seems to be as stated in the title

I have a number entered into the textbox in the form and that data is linked to a subform which displays data that shares the number in the textbox from a table

I am running into an issue which whenever i click on the subform, all the information the the number textbox disappears thus making it impossible to edit the information in the subform

I suspect there is a focus setting which deletes or ignores all other information when a form is selected, but have not found much online.

Anyone experience something similar to this?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Provide some basic information - is the db split? do you have multiple users? How is the subform linked to the control? Is this a new issue that has recently developed, or are you in development trying to get something to work?

if the former, could be someone has changed the code or you have a corruption issue. If the latter, you need to share details otherwise we are guessing.

Have you looked through the code for the name of your textbox to see what code (if any) affects it

hxs1893 is offline Novice
    The DB is split and there are multiple users. The subform is linked to a separate table but is linked via the field by the number. I unfortunately do not know if this has recently developed since I just started working, but i am sure that most of the issue can be fixed if the issue of "parameters disappearing when subform is selected" can be fixed, that would take care of 90 percent of the problems I am facing.

I was really hoping this was just a form property error but from the sounds of it, I am not too sure now

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    if the subfrom control source is a SQL statement, what is the SQL for it?
    If the subform control source is a query what's the SQL query?
    Are there any 'on click' or 'on active' or any other event properties of the subform
    Are there any 'on exit' or 'on deactivate' of your main form? in particular the field used as a key to find values for the subform.
    can you supply a junk database (make a copy of your database, delete anything that's not relevant to this question and put in enough garbage data to simulate the problem) and upload it?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    The DB is split and there are multiple users
    so each user has their own copy of the front end. If not then chances are you have corruption. If they do each have their own copy, then is this an issue for every user or just some?

Hi

Your statement "I have a number entered into the textbox in the form and that data is linked to a subform"

This indicates that your relationships are not set up correctly.

If you have data in the Parent Main Form then it should automatically display related data in the subform

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.