shank is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

textbox margins

I'm trying to set the margins on textboxes so they align correctly. See attached screenshots.

The differences in the data is [UnitPrice] and [Extension] fields are currency fields in the database.

[UnitPriceEx] and [ExtPriceEx] are converted from a text field. See below fields.
    I displayed them as both bound and unbound to make sure that was not causing the discrepancy.

Why does the underlying data make a difference on margins, even with the text being converted to currency?
    Is there something else I'm missing?

Code:
    UnitPriceEx: Format(Trim(Mid(Nz([PODetail]![Descrip3],""),InStr(Nz([PODetail]![Descrip3],""),"[unit_price: ")+13,(InStr(Nz([PODetail]![Descrip3],""),"[ext_price: ")-2)-(InStr(Nz([PODetail]![Descrip3],""),"[unit_price: ")+13))),"Currency")

ExtPriceEx: Format(Mid(Nz([PODetail]![Descrip3],""),InStr(Nz([PODetail]![Descrip3],""),"[ext_price: ")+12,InStr(InStr(Nz([PODetail]![Descrip3],""),"[ext_price: "),Nz([PODetail]![Descrip3],""),"]")-(InStr(Nz([PODetail]![Descrip3],""),"[ext_price: ")+12)),"Currency")
    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S1.jpg   S2.jpg  

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Make sure the format property of the textboxes is the same. This can happen when they have different formats.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows XP Access 2007
    When I adjusted attributes and settings I had them all selected collectively. They are all Currency with 2 decimal points. Oddly, when I change the top margin they all adjust equally as expected. When I set the right margin, they all move as expected. However, they move based on the default margin of 0 which is different between the types of data sources. The above textboxes screenshot are all set at 0. Notice how they are offset on the right. They will move when I change the right margin, but will still maintain the offset.

For giggles, I changed the all to left align and they line up perfectly. I use the left margin and they all move as expected keeping alignment. It's only the right align offset that is causing issues.

thanks!

Windows XP Access 2007
    I found a solution. Still don't know why though.

When I edit the query for the currency field and format them as currency in the query, they now line up as expected.

Thanks!

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Glad you found a solution. I don't think I've ever played with the margin properties of textboxes. I suspect the format property of the textbox didn't work because you were returning a string value in the query (because of the Format() function).
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows XP Access 2007
    I was using the Format( [Field],"Currency") in the query for the text string.
    The margins did not respond as expected until I did the same for the Currency fields in the database.
    Would be interesting to know why, but having found a solution I can move forward.

Thanks!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.