Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shank is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

2 page report

I need to create a 2 page packing list for a merchant that requires the first page as the order page and the second page dedicated to a returns page. Both pages are related to each other with logos, buyer information, PO numbers, etc. I have the below sections. I thought the easy way through this was to create 2 individual reports, then cut-n-paste Page 2 into the Page Footer of Page 1 thereby it just carrying onto a 2nd page when rendered. Not so much. The error I get is the total page length is longer than the 10" print space I have to work with on one page. I tried adding Force New Page and Page Breaks to no avail. How do I get this done?

I haven't found a way to join reports as Page 1 and Page 2. Does such a thing exist?

Page Header
    PoNo Header
    Detail
    PoNo Footer
    Page Footer - added page 2 here. No joy!

Thanks!

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Are you aware there is a page break control that you can place wherever you wish on your report.
    You may not need to use a report and subreport but if you want to do so, place the break before the subreport
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Windows XP Access 2007
    I tried adding Force New Page and Page Breaks to no avail. When rendering, MS Access is counting the total length regardless of Force New Page or Page Breaks.

June7 is offline VIP
    Are you opening report filtered to a single buyer info? Try report footer section and ForceNewPage before.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Attached is the error. I've inserted a Page Break at the beginning of the Page Footer and also at the end of the PoNo Footer which is just above the Page Footer. No joy.

I've added Force a new page after the PoNo Footer. Same results, error.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S1.jpg  

You shouldn't be using 2 page breaks and force new page just to get a 2 page report.
    Its hard to visualise what you are doing.
    Can you please show a screenshot of the report in design view
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

June7 is offline VIP
    Works for me in report footer as suggested in post 4. Did you try?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I wasn't clear perhaps. I'm trying to create a 2 page report. But the end results could be for hundreds of orders. So, for 100 hundreds, the report would be 200 pages in length. 2 pages per each order. A report header and footer is just for the beginning and end of a report as a whole. I'm assuming I would need to use the page footer for page 2 and that's where it's not breaking.

There should be no problem doing what you want.
    As requested please upload a screenshot of the report design view

June7 is offline VIP
    And that won't work, as you have discovered.

I also tried group footer and that failed as well.

I did get this to sort of work: created another group under the main group, put the subform in that subgroup, set ForceNewPage to BeforeAndAfter. Results aren't entirely satisfactory.

Otherwise, print each order as a solo report. This can be done programmatically by looping through a recordset to open filtered report - I have code to do this.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Screenshots attached per request of isladogs. The upper portion, not in the screenshot, is in the Page Header section. For illustration, I added a page break to the Page Footer. The bar code on the left should be on page 2, but it renders the above error.

Thinking I cannot split a page footer and force a portion of it to a new page, I moved all controls off the page footer into the PONo Footer and left the bar code on the left in the page footer. It stayed on Page 1. The Page Break would not force it to a new page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S1.jpg   S2.jpg   S3.jpg  

Windows XP Access 2007
    I just found this excerpt on a support site

"You can insert a page break in sections other than the Page Header and Page Footer sections of a report."

So, that won't work at all.

June7 is offline VIP
    Don't see a textbox for PoNo in the PoNo header.

I did another test with group sections in a new report. Put page 2 stuff in group footer and it worked this time. No page break control used.

I have many reports with far more complex layouts some of which include several subreports.
    Several include page breaks to spread the data over two pages.
    These also are for multiple records with each covering two pages.
    Unfortunately I can't upload screenshots as my Internet is currently only via my phone.

Your layout still makes no sense to me.
    Why have you left a large empty space below the zzzz control (which isn't in your record source anyway).
    Remove it. If you need the zzzz control set it to Can Grow =Yes
    Suggest you also remove the PoNo group which has no controls in it and appears to have no purpose.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I'm working remote and trying to give effective screenshots is a bit clumsy. The zzzz was just a placeholder to help me drag things around. I did have the PoNo and other controls in the PoNo header, but was experimenting. Apologies for sending confusing screenshots.

However, I did figure out how to do this.
    I remove page header and footer.
    I had group header and footer for PONo. I have the associated header controls here. I have the lower Page 1 controls in the PoNo footer.
    I created a CustID group header and footer. I placed page 2 controls here with a Force New Page before.
    Shazam!

Thanks for indulging! This would have driven me nuts had it not been for the input in this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.