Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mike60smart View Post
    Hi Julie

Do you want to be able to select a Kit and see all of the part numbers associated with that specific Kit?
    Yes. I am hoping the user can click a button, enter the SKU of the kit, and the report for printing I want to generate:

Header:
    Kit Name

Results:

Have on hand | x50 (meaning making a batch of 50kits) | Blank Checkmark Spot so they can check of the row when they complete it | Qty (needed in the Kit) | Color | (Preferred)Description | PartNo | Location

Footer:
    Sorted By: | Date/Time Started | Date/Time Completed

Some will spill on to 3 or more pages.

The bin locations contain the lego parts. Once the kit is built, it goes off to customer service or a store location and is tracked currently through another system. Kit location isn't really necessary at this point but MIGHT be something we want to add later.

Yes, each kit contains many parts and a qty value for the number of that same part in each kit.

Added integrity and changed name to KitID. Got an error on integrity for the different data types. KitID in jxtKitLocation is alphanumeric, and the KitID in tblKits is AutoNumber. What do I do with that?

Western_Neil is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You need to change the alphanumeric to a long integer to match the auto number type

Western_Neil is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hello RotL;

The bin locations contain the lego parts

Hmm This is NOT what your model said. As Micron says write out your business rules like:

A Part may be in many Kits, A Kit many have many Parts (MxM).

This will help you think about the relationships and prevent false ones from being made. (kits don’t need a location when finished).

Quote Originally Posted by RuntOfTheLitter3 View Post
    Yes. I am hoping the user can click a button, enter the SKU of the kit, and the report for printing I want to generate:

Header:
    Kit Name

Results:
    Have on hand | x50 (meaning making a batch of 50kits) | Blank Checkmark Spot so they can check of the row when they complete it | Qty (needed in the Kit) | Color | (Preferred)Description | PartNo | Location

Footer:
    Sorted By: | Date/Time Started | Date/Time Completed.
    This tells me that not all need fields have found a home yet. (Quantity on hand) Look at what ArviLaanemets has given you. Answer the questions asked (even just to yourself), for we all are trying to help you. For each field think about simplest way of talking about it, and how it gets there (you add and subtract numbers, import from, user enters). { Oh there is 53 in the bin, how did 53 get there? } This should give you the components of any field you need. DO NOT gloss over this. Unlike Excel, structure is very important and does not like to be changed later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.