K Roger is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003

Display Linked Multiple Images in a subform with a tab as navigatable images. ACCESS 2007

Althouh I asked a similar question several years ago for ACCESS 2003, I undestand the method has changed in newer versions.

It is fairly simple to display a known number of different images on a record at the same time: each with its own field.

However, I want to display each image, one at a time, by using navigation buttons

I have found nothing that indicates how to link an unknown number of images (0-10) into a single location on the subform that is located within a tab.

Conceptually, I want to be display one image at a time, but be able to scroll (using navigation arrows) through multiple records.

My thinking is to store x number of images per record in a different subdirectory for each record.

Each record would contain the name of the subdirectory and then somehow link all the images therein to a single frame on the form.

The user could then navigate back and forth to display one image at a time.

I will have less than 1500 records and will probably not have over 3000 images.

This technique is forms only- no reports.

Also the images should be linked (not embedded in the actual database)

I would like to minimize the use of VBA as I have little experience in its use.

Any relevant websites or examples (code) would be most welcome.

Thank you,

K Roger

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Save the link to a text field. Each image in its own record. Use Image control and bind ControlSource property to that field and use a form in single view mode. Review https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=73766
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

The response that was given or at least how I interpreted it is essentially binding a particular image to a single field. This requires an field for each image e.g. if there were a maximum of 10 images per record, that form would require 10 different fields. This is what the webpage included implies.

This is not what I want to do. I want to be able to assign a subdirectory to a field and then be able to scroll through all the images in that subdirectory in a single frame i.e. the form would only contain 1 text box into which one image is displayed at a time.

Maybe I did not/am not explaining my self clearly? If so let me know.

Thanks for your time and input.

KRoger

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    My suggestion in previous post is to have a record for each image. This will most likely be a dependent 'child' table related to some 'master' table and form/subform arrangement. You indicate already using a subform so maybe will have to expand to a subsubform.

Images are not displayed in a textbox. They are displayed in an Image control.

The referenced thread has other info regarding images in Access, including various methods to set ControlSource property of Image control (post 17).

This will allow dynamic display of images defined by path stored in text field (or calculated path).

Nothing 'requires' multiple image fields. The example in thread just happens to go that route. However, dynamic display via ControlSource is same.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

June7.

Thank you very much

Everything worked fine once I set up a parent/child relationship.

K Roger

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.