Alex Motilal is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Line spacing

In Access 2016, if one sets to rich text the "Text Format" property of text box in form design then the "Line Spacing" property of this text box is ignored. Are there any way to adjust the line spacing?

thanks

Alex

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Line spacing is a plain text property, not a rich text property. Richtext is now a html format.

So far as I can see there isn't the option in richtext formatting so I suspect it isn't supported, but in principle so you would need to replace the <p> marker with something like <p style="line-height:1.5"> where 1.5 is the increase in the font height i.e. a font height of .8cm would become 1.2cm

However don't know if this would work with the richtext environment of access. Suggest create some text in an html document with the spacing and copy paste to your richtext control. If it works, in layout change the property to plaintext to see the html code used. I just tried copying something from word but it uses different code that the richtext control does not recognise so ignores.

If you get that far you would then need to use the replace function, possibly in the change event, to modify the .text property of the field

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Line spacing is a plain text property, not a rich text property
    According to the link, it's a property of a textbox which means it ought to work.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...ox.linespacing

However, there is a 12 year old post here by M$ that says it appears to be a bug.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...novateonoffice
    Typical follow up from M$, I guess.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Interesting that Micron's first link is only a couple of weeks old - wonder if it is something now solved in the latest access version?

I found one earlier that stated that it was a plaintext/rtf (i.e. 2003 memo field) property, but can't find it now

This link

https://www.experts-exchange.com/que...e-Spacing.html

has a discussion on it where the OP has not been clear about the requirement - i.e. all lines 'spaced' which is what the original function does or pre/post paragraph or as and when required

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Well I tried that & it didn't work for rich text.
    In fact I don't see how it could work as the line spacing is automatically updated according to the largest font size in a particular line.
    So I think the rich text property takes precedence over the line spacing property.

Another useful link: https://www.experts-exchange.com/que...e-Spacing.html

For info, just because a property is listed, doesn't mean it is available,
    For example the textbox.postaladdress property has no effect (except apparently in Japan)

On a completely separate note, I'm having issues with listed references that it seems impossible to use in Access e.g. Windows Geolocation Service 1.0 library.
    Although listed, ticking it gives "error in loading DLL"
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.