Herman Dickey is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003

Need a Reference Please

I am trying hard to be a big boy and "get it on my own". The report for work was received with rave reviews! However, the report lists each new record on a separate page rather than grouping them together under the headings.

If I can read up on what to do, I have no problem following along. My Google search so far has been pointless, however.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Check your grouping sort,
    or see if there's a End of Page control on the report.

Thank you!

From what I can see, that doesn't appear to be helping. I am ready to kick the desk........geesh.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

I know. It wasn't this complicated the last time I used Access. Geesh.

June7 is offline VIP
    Looking at database from other thread.

There is a page break control in report detail section. This is forcing a new page after each record. If you don't want this then delete the control. PageBreak33 in the Properties Sheet dropdown. Frankly, I think report will look worse without it.

The only grouping in report is on Client (which isn't really necessary).

If you want grouping by OnsiteEvents/OnsiteSvcs/OffsiteAct/IJS - have to redesign report (build another one). Could use a UNION query to merge the 4 tables common type fields then apply report grouping. Example of UNION:

SELECT ID, Client, EventDate AS RecDate, "OnsiteEvents" AS Cat FROM Records_OnsiteEvents
    UNION SELECT ID, Client, ServiceDate, "OnsiteSvcs" FROM Records_OnsiteSvcs
    UNION SELECT ID, Client, ActivityDate, "OffsiteAct" FROM Records_OffsiteAct
    UNION SELECT ID, Client, AppDate, "IJS" FROM Records_IJS;

Pulling in fields that are not common to all tables is a little more complicated but then each group will show fields (empty) that don't apply to them.

Alternatively, use 4 subreports.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I did a separate report for independent activity and it worked perfectly. For the Case Managers' documentation purposes, however, I need to be able to show all employment-related information for each client.

HEADING: Client Name, Program, Case Manager, Entry Date, Recertification Date (they have to have income growth within 60 days of entering the program, so I entered the formula to add 60 days to the entry date), and what field(s) they are interested in working in.

DETAILS: Any services that we have provided onsite (resume building, application assistance, seminars/workshops, etc.), Offsite Activity (attending job fairs or seminars sponsored by other providers), Onsite Workshops (which WE present for our clients and monitor how many they attend for incentives), and finally companies that they applied to and the outcome of the application process.

Each of these details is monitored by the Federal Government to ensure that we are providing clients with the assistance that they need to obtain income and become self-sufficient once their 6 months or 9 months of free services from our agency expire.

This is what I need that one report to capture using all of the information presented.

June7 is offline VIP
    You can include Caseload table in each subreport RecordSource. This will repeat client info under each category.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

When you say "include", you mean pull the information from multiple sources? This is where I get confused. In past experiences, I've not had to use a subreport.

When you say "include", you mean pull the information from multiple sources? This is where I get confused. In past experiences, I've not had to use a subreport.

June7 is offline VIP
    Report RecordSource can be a query that includes multiple tables, usually with JOIN clause. Nothing extraordinary about this, basic functionality.

Doesn't matter if the report is utilized as a subreport.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.