serenechaos is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Color change in all new and old databases

Hi everyone,
    Recently I had a strange color change in all my Access databases. I've had a look at the color and theme settings but I can't seem to find a way to change it back - and new databases seem to use the same color change from their creation (see image below). The problem is that the selected item (table/form) has a pink color on the tab, and unselected items have white. Intuitively for me it should be the other way around, but ideally I'd like to have it the standard way again - any help would be appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	37927

Many thanks,
    Jay

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    The properties you need to change are PressedColor (for the background of the selected tab) and BackColor (for all unselected tabs)
    For example,white background when clicked, light grey otherwise.
    You can also select another hover colour if you wish

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	37930

When you have got what you want, save the selected (default) theme and the new colours will be applied wherever you use the default theme
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Colin, think the OP is talking about the tabs when using tabbed documents. I don't use tabbed documents myself so could not tell you whether the behaviour has changed or not. However I would say that for me, highlighted the active tab with a colour change seems to be intuitive, regardless of the what colour is.

edit: Colin, are you saying that tabs in tab documents inherit the properties of a tab control template?

@ajax
    You're right. I completely misinterpreted the very clear screenshot/question

I also don't use tabbed documents.
    In fact as soon as I create a new database I immediately change it to overlapping windows.
    What I would really like is a way of setting that option as my default on new databases
    Do you know of a way of doing so ...other than setting a a blank 'template' db with all options preset?

@serenechaos
    Ignore my previous answer which related to tab controls.
    AFAIK the appearance of the tabs in tabbed documents option hasn't changed.
    In A2010, the active tab is orange ; in A2016/365 its pink. The other tabs are white.
    To me that's also the logical method - the active tab stands out
    The only way of changing that is to use the Black Office theme in A365 where the active tab is grey (go figure...)
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Do you know of a way of doing so ...other than setting a a blank 'template' db with all options preset?
    regret not - only other way would be to have an 'access db manager' db, with a button to create a new db, then modify the properties. I've not done it (I do what you do) but just thinking there could be benefits. I've got hundreds of db's - some client specific, some under development, some 'experimental', some with example code/objects, some archived, etc. Would be useful to catalogue them with facilities to search through them all for specific code/objects etc aka a cd/dvd collection manager

As I think I've mentioned, I'm currently in the process of compiling a module code library which will include the latest version of each of my regularly used modules together with APIs, functions etc.
    This was triggered by me inadvertently using old module code which I had subsequently modified & forgotten about!
    Its a tedious job but will eventually save me a lot of time

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Have to agree with OP and oddly enough, I was just thinking so yesterday. I often just leave tabs on while developing as it's easy enough to always get a full view of a form or table. I find having to move form/report/query windows around to see what I named some field somewhere other than what I'm currently working on to be harder than just clicking a tab.

Anyway, I have screenshots of tabs and the active form tab is just white. Unfortunately no pictures more recent than July 2018 so far. Pretty sure there has been a change and since I'm tinkering practically every day, I'd say it's very recent. Just one of the many 365 subscription bonuses we get, I guess.
    Last edited by Micron; 03-24-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: clarification
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Pretty sure there has been a change and since I'm tinkering practically every day, I'd say it's very recent. Just one of the many 365 subscription bonuses we get, I guess.
    It's only started being like this on my laptop recently - checked on the work PC and the tabs there are still the right color - white with red text (bold for selected tab and regular for non selected). Both my laptop and work PC use our company's O365 account downloaded software. Opening the database on my work PC shows the correct, original tab colors...I'm going to uninstall and reinstall Access 2016 on the laptop and see if that fixes it.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    reinstalling the O365 package didn't fix the issue all databases / newly created databases on my laptop PC (and not on my work PC) have pink highlights on the navigation pane and accross the open forms/tables

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I would have bet uninstalling would not help. Likely different update versions are involved but if you do find a solution I'd love to know it. I looked but found no other complaints about it. Maybe everybody likes pink.

Can hardly wait to see what they come up with for April 1st.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.