bradtn is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Report Support!

Hey Guys I am really hoping you can help me cause I am about to lose my mind. I have a report I have generated in access with a 600dpi legal letter size embedded image. The idea is I have a form my users fill out, they click a button which then saves and prints the data on said form. For awhile Seemed everything was great my form printed everything lined up perfectly but then very randomly when printing even with proper print preview showing my embedded image would not print just the data but no image. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this behaviour. Even if I do a print to pdf the same thing will randomly happen it will generate the pdf with just data no image. I did find some similar posts about this issue from many years back seemingly pointing to this being a msaccess bug but also from those searches supposedly Microsoft fixed it. I can reproduce the issue on many different printers and computers with a very high failure rate. I am not sure how to resolve this as this aspect of my database is very important and will be used a lot. If there is anything I can do to help make this clearer please let me know thank you for your time.

*** edit***
    Also I would like to note the same issue will occur simply from flipping around in the actual report via design view/lay out view/ print view etc and not just when I am printing from the form via my print/save button

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What is this image?

If you want to provide files for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

bradtn is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Unfortunately I am unable to post this in kind of any manner publicly as even without confidential data kinda cant have it out there. Is there a way we could maybe link up via teamviewer to have you take a peak and then put the findings here so as people can still benefit? also the image is a snap of an actual pdf which I am overlaying the form filled data with then printing.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Overlaying a report over an image rarely if ever works well.
    My advice would be to scrap that idea and create a report that replicates the appearance as far as you want/need to do.

Cross posted at https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=304379
    Please red this article about cross-posting https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php...-cross-posters
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Reduce the size of the image, e.g. if it's large like 6000 x 4000, make is smaller like 1024 x 768. DPI doesn't matter.

June7 is online now VIP
    I have used an image in background with satisfaction. Image embedded in report in Image control Picture property. If you can't provide even just the image, won't be able to advise.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

bradtn is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by davegri View Post
    Reduce the size of the image, e.g. if it's large like 6000 x 4000, make is smaller like 1024 x 768. DPI doesn't matter.

Ahh ok ill take a look at that thank you!

bradtn is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by davegri View Post
    This issue is gonna put me in the mental asylum I AM SURE OF IT. So when I go to print preview almost always everything looks as it should. When I go to print though whole different ball game. It is essentially printing as if I have the "print data only " thing checked off (Trust me it isn't). If I export the report to pdf though everything is fine and if I print the pdf beyond having to tell adobe its a legal size paper doc print perfect. Yet anytime I print from the report section or from the button on my form to do the same even though it displays properly it does not print the background image.

bradtn is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I recreated the report on a blank report just for fun, embedded the lowest quality image I could find and I am able to get it to print but now the background image I have set will only show on both actual printed paper and within print preview on every other page...It does not make any sense. The setting for image to appear on ALL pages is set as well. yet only every other record displays the background image I have set. I cant understand this...

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    The advice made by more than one forum member here, at UA and at AWF is to remove the image completely & create a report from scratch.
    Unfortunately you don't seem to acknowledge that point in your various cross posts

The fact that it occurs only on alternative pages is a size issue - probably the section is too big to allow it all to fit on one page - also check section settings like 'Keep together'
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.