DBenz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Image frameborder color no color but cant find this option now.

Hi,
    Access 2010
    designed with earlier access and now using Access 2010, I had no border colour to my image frames, crucial as the image is transparent background to show custom wallpaper, so I dont want a black line across my artwork, properties said border color 'no color', I click in that border color entry cell and cant see how to get that option, I type no color and get #FFFFFFF and a black border.

Where is no colour for image frame to be found ? I am unable to create any new image frames without getting black lines !

Also these image frames show images using linked method and a file path field, they have nothing in the cell called Control source, yet work perfectly, how are they able to display images, again made in earlier access and opened into 2010.
    They seem to perform better than ControlSource name the field approach of 2010., so I might make more in the way they work.

DBenz

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    It's not making sense. That is the hex value for white. Black is all zeros so you must be on the wrong option. Why not just set the border style to transparent if you don't want to see one? "no border" is not an option.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

DBenz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    It's not making sense. That is the hex value for white. Black is all zeros so you must be on the wrong option. Why not just set the border style to transparent if you don't want to see one? "no border" is not an option.
    Hi,
    I saw the No Color and thought thats where and how I made it vanish, in there are just System settings, I now see follwoing your advice the option for transparent undet the Border Style, and when I select that , that other entry says No color. so thats how it got there !!

many thanks

what of....I AM DESPERATE TO KNOW:-
    Also these image frames show images using linked method and a file path field, they have nothing in the cell called Control source, yet work perfectly, how are they able to display images, again made in earlier access and opened into 2010.
    They seem to perform better than ControlSource name the field approach of 2010.,

I have made the subform imageFrame in access 2010, selected the frame, and you have to enter the Control source path in the imageFrame data properties, this was introduced as method in access 2007.
    If this frame is set to zoom and the image is larger than the frame, i get image ruined with a fine grid pattern, make frame wider and grid gone, means I have to alter size of all my images, hells bells...so in Access 2010 the zoom scaling ability is shot to hell.
    If I however open an existing image frame from the older databse and make it smaller than image, the image gets rescaled no problem , no grid.

so I am keen to know how I could add images the old way, as the old controls have nothing in the ControlSource window, HOW DO THEY MANAGE TO PULL IN AN IMAGE ?

so I might make more in the way they work., if only I knew how.

DBenz

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    how are they able to display images,
    In code (usually the OnCurrent event) the control source value becomes the path for the current record. When the image control is placed on a form, you're prompted to choose a picture file (thus the path) which becomes the control source. Once the code is in place, it doesn't matter if you remove that control source property or not.
    .so in Access 2010 the zoom scaling ability is shot to hell.
    Try playing with the various size mode property options. I think I've answered the remainder in the first part of this post. There is no "old" and "new" method between those versions.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.