DBenz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Forms format transfer and also make grey edges and background not show ?

Hi
    Access2010
    1) How does one take format of items on main form across to a subform ?
    I have both source and destination forms open in design views but selecting e.g. a text box in source and click format copy sees that tool have no effect when clicking on the recipient box in the other form.

2) I have a subform but dont want all the grey borders as its spoiling my pure design. Can I get them to vanish so I can make the subform the same width as the original imageFrame that the subform now replaces so as to display more than one image per record. I would like the new record, next and previous record controls remaining, how is that done ?
    At the very least I need to lose the white background and show instead my custom designed wallpaper behind, is that possible ?

I also wonder about making the form 'continuous' but then the bottom of the main form will go on forever if I have many images., and wherewill the previous/next/new record buttons go to ?

I may opt for a continuous form all on its own with an aircraft ID field for comparing many photos, or simply use photoshop !

DBenz

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    1) AFAIK, you can't use the format tool across different forms.
    2) maybe a pic is needed. Grey borders might be reserved space for scroll bars. If a single form and it fits your screen, turn them off and see if that helps. If not, the grey area you're referring to could be anywhere - anywhere that we can't see. The rest isn't making a whole lot of sense to me. If you replaced the image control, then how do you show the images?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Hi,
    pic attached, the grey frames and edges I refer to,
    I would like the subform not to mess up my design, be able to lose the unnecessary grey frame at left, lose the black line and make background transparent.

DBenz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails remove frame edges.jpg  

Windows 10 Access 2016
    The grey "margin" is easy - it's the record selector; there by default. Choose no.
    If the other issue is about a border around a subform control when in form view, then as I previously mentioned - choose transparent for the border style. Make sure you've selected the subform control. On the subform itself, turn off the navigation controls as well. Don't confuse subform with the subform control. With no border on the subform control, you shouldn't be able to see the white space - it will all be the same colour unless maybe when there's an image or data showing in the subform. Don't forget to disable the scroll bars like I mentioned.

Hi, attached the results.
    some good some not happened, some bad.
    white background showing to imageFrame, how do I fix that ?
    no ability to show next or previous image and also new record in sub report, to have a couple of placed controls would be good to do that, would they have to sit within the sub report vanished frame I wonder ?
    If they involve code I am out of my depth, raw beginner/weak point on code brain not suited to it much !
    sub form is there to display multiple images and paths are entered in the path box at its top, after clicking new record button. so three buttons needed somehow.

Many thanks

DBenz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sub form settings to remove grey border annotated.jpg  

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I think you'll have to post a copy of your db, which I presume contains that text as labels. I can't read it in the pictures.

Hi,
    attached a simple form and table, I have removed the left margin as per your instructions but choosing nav buttons no loses my ability to move between the images for record 1, let alone add another image to record 1, ditto 2, 3 etc etc,

I need the previous and next and new record buttons so how do I retain those yet lose the white background for when a record doesnt have a photo ?

the subform is there to provide a means of showing many photos for one record, but not all records have a photo or two, I dont want a large white sheet glaring at me.

If I could have three small buttons coded to do the last next and new record commands allowing the removal of the bottom bar I will be happy.

my image address is D drive, the background also resides on D drive, a simple one is attached. The true dbase is a work of art and the subform is spoiling its appearance !

DBenz
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If there is no photo, the control is still there and occupies space and will therefore be a big white space. Use a substitute image of text: Image Unavailable or conditionally show a textbox or label with that notation.

Why is subform container linking on IDMe109inBoB fields, which don't exist?

Example code for custom navigation buttons:
    Code:
    Private Sub btnNext_Click()
    Me.btnViewLabData.SetFocus
    Call ViewData("Next")
    End Sub

Private Sub btnPrevious_Click()
    Me.btnViewLabData.SetFocus
    Call ViewData("Previous")
    End Sub

Private Sub btnQuit_Click()
    Call ViewData("Quit")
    End Sub

Public Sub ViewData(strDirection)
    'called by form to navigate records
    With Form_SampleInfo
    .RecordsetClone.Bookmark = .Bookmark
    Select Case strDirection
        Case "Quit"
            DoCmd.Close acForm, "SampleInfo", acSaveNo
        Case "Next"
            .RecordsetClone.MoveNext
            If Not .RecordsetClone.EOF Then
                DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "SampleInfo", acNext
            Else
                .RecordsetClone.MoveLast
                MsgBox "Last record."
                .btnNext.Enabled = False
            End If
            .btnPrevious.Enabled = True
        Case "Previous"
            .RecordsetClone.MovePrevious
            If Not .RecordsetClone.BOF Then
                DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "SampleInfo", acPrevious
            Else
                .RecordsetClone.MoveFirst
                MsgBox "First record."
                .btnPrevious.Enabled = False
            End If
            .btnNext.Enabled = True
    End Select
    End With
    End Sub
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.