WasPOP is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

An Independent Calendar

Good day all,

Let's say I have a form (datasheet), which shows which employee will work on which project next week. It is a very simple datasheet form. Every Friday we get together, open this form, assign projects to employees. Very simple.

In the Form Header, I want to put a Calendar Picker, so when on Fridays we open it, I can choose next Monday (week of Monday ...). So if during the week we open the form, we know it's been updated for that week.

When I add a calendar picker there, it always wants to associate to one of the records, which will mess my all other records. I want a calendar picker which is independent, and I just pick a date and it stays there showing that picked date, until I change this next week. Sound very simple, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks in advance.
    WP

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    One thing unclear (to me). You want to pick a whole date range?
    (week of Monday ...)
    If just one day, maybe all you need is a combo that defaults to Date() + 3 (using DateAdd function) but provides some other values around that in case of paid holidays. You could also easily find code for a custom calendar, but you'll need to build a supporting form with 42 controls for dates, so it might not be worth the work for picking just one day.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

WasPOP is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    One thing unclear (to me). You want to pick a whole date range?
    If just one day, maybe all you need is a combo that defaults to Date() + 3 (using DateAdd function) but provides some other values around that in case of paid holidays. You could also easily find code for a custom calendar, but you'll need to build a supporting form with 42 controls for dates, so it might not be worth the work for picking just one day.
    Thanks for the response. I have thought about that, but the problem with that is, when we open the form on a Friday, yes, it shows the week of next Monday. But If we open it on, say, a Tuesday (to see if we are on track, or if we need to change the scheduling) it shows the coming Friday. I want to pick one date, and that date stays there until I change it again.

Thanks again.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Not even a calendar will do that for you. You need a bound control, which might as well be a textbox. The value in it upon form opening would be whatever was your last pick, but you might as well use the built in calendar control and bind it to a date field. Then you can pick any day you want without reinventing the wheel.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.